A number of VIOLET line Adamthwaites were associated with both High and Low Bentham. Bob and Paula have recently submitted several new photos of the area.
KEY TO IMAGES:
1. St John the Baptist, Low Bentham
2-4. Photos of Bentham
5. Bentham War Memorial plaque
6. Memorial to Bentham residents killed in WWI - John Adamthwaite - whose name is recorded on the memorial plaque inside the church and also the stone memorial outside the Council Offices - was killed in action at Flanders in 1918. He was aged just 22 years and was the son of Thomas Adamthwaite and Ellen (Walker).
7. High Bentham church
8. High Bentham Methodist church
9. Low Bentham Methodist church
10. a line drawing of the church of St John the Baptist, Low Bentham
adamthwaite @ one-name.org
read our stories
"The website IS the one-name study!"
photos from around Bentham